Life Ready is a mandatory 25-hour program for students in Years 11 and/or 12 in NSW public schools.
Life Ready aims to help prepare senior students to:
- confidently and successfully transition to post-school employment, training or further education as well as participation and independence in the community
- lead healthy, safe, and meaningful lives which promote respect, responsibility, enjoyment, inclusion, and social justice for self and others
Life Ready focuses on offering opportunities for students to build functional knowledge and skills for life after school. The 3 main skills students will learn throughout this course are:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- decision making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- coping, transition, and self-management skills
There are 6 learning areas that will be covered throughout the course.
2) Mental health and wellbeing
4) Sexuality and sexual health
5) Drugs and alcohol
6) Safe travel
Students develop the skills and knowledge required to complete the program through choosing to participate in the following activities based on preferred preference and learning style.
- life ready camp
- school-based workshops
- Bstreetsmart road safety event
- expert lead presentations
- teambuilding excursions