Liverpool Girls High School logo

Liverpool Girls High School

Liverpool Girls High School

Innovation Excellence Learning

Telephone9602 0083

Student Health and Safety

At Liverpool Girls High School we have systems in place to protect the health and safety of all students when they are at school or involved in school activities.

Health Care Procedures - Health Care Plans

When students need help with health issues at school, parents/carers may need to consult with their medical practitioner about the implications of the child's health condition for their schooling and any actions that need to occur during the school day. Parents/carers need to convey relevant information from the medical practitioner to the Principal in writing.

Where a student has been diagnosed with a condition that may require an emergency response, parents and carers must provide the school with a Medical Action Plan from their child’s medical practitioner. A Medical Action Plan must be provided to the school for all students:

  • diagnosed with severe asthma, type 1 diabetes, epilepsy, or anaphylaxis
  • diagnosed with a condition that may require an emergency response
  • who requires the administration of health care procedures

Student Emergency Care/Response Plans

Emergency Care Response Plans are created based on certified Medical conditions presented by a student and medical Action Plan provided by their medical practitioner.

The Wellbeing headteacher will use the Medical Action Plan to co-ordinate the development of an individual Emergency Care/Response Plan for your child. An individual Emergency Care/Response Plan formalises the support for students with complex health care needs. Once Student Emergency Care/Response Plans are developed, they are printed, laminated and attached to the existing Health Care Plans located in key locations around the school. All staff is notified of the new student EC/RP and familiarise themselves with it.  


When enrolling a child in an NSW public primary or secondary school, parents/carers will be asked to provide an Immunisation History Statement. Parents can request an Immunisation History Statement by contacting the Australian Immunisation Register. A child without an Immunisation History Statement will not be prevented from enrolling. Under the NSW Public Health Act, however, children without proof of immunisation may be asked by Public Health Officials to stay at home during an outbreak of vaccine-preventable disease. Further information about the requirements for schools is available via NSW Health

NSW School Vaccination Program

High schools cooperate with NSW Health to implement the NSW School Vaccination Program. Information on the NSW School Vaccination Program can be accessed at NSW Health. At Liverpool Girls High School Year 7 and Year 10 students participate in the school vaccination program.

Year 7 students are immunised:

  • Term 1 - Human Papillomavirus HPV (Dose 1) and Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis
  • Term 4 - Human Papillomavirus HPV (Dose 2)

Year 10 students are immunised:

  • Term 3 - Meningococcal ACWY

Parent information kit

Public Health Units contact the Wellbeing headteacher to discuss arrangements for the NSW school Vaccination program clinics. Parent information kits are forwarded to the school for distribution to parents/carers via their child prior to the first clinic.

Only students who have the consent form signed by their parent/legal guardian will be vaccinated. Students aged 18 years and over may sign the consent form for themselves. Inquiries about the vaccination program can be directed to your local public health unit on 1300 066 055.

Breakfast Club

Social Work Interns facilitate the ‘Breakfast Club’ which is held before school every Monday to Thursday mornings from 8.10 -8.35 am. LINK - Breakfast Club Ad

Healthy School Canteen Strategy.






As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978
  • Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen to your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.

Community Liaison Officer

Students, parents, carers and community members are supported by Mrs. Samira Bawden, our Community Liaison Officer.

Parent Support Officer

Students, parents, carers, and community members are supported by Mrs. Latifa Zuhbi, our Parent Support Officer who can be contacted on 9602 0083



NSW Department of Education

Student Wellbeing Hub

Anti-bullying websites: