Elective music students have the opportunity to audition for a spot in the Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11 bands. Students involved in bands rehearse twice a week and develop a variety of repertoire of student interest. The bands perform at school and local community events.
Learning Aims of the Bands Program:
- to engage gifted and talented students in creating music as ensemble;
- to increase performance opportunities in the school and local community;
- to create rock and pop style music that is secure in musicality;
- to develop ensemble skills; and
- to assist in the preparation and perfromance of HSC pieces.
I love jamming together. (Dana, Yr 12)
We have so much fun rehearsing together. (Aleen Year 12)